Professor Edward Carlton, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, North Bristol NHS Trust
Edd is an Academic Emergency Clinician at North Bristol NHS Trust. He is a current NIHR Advanced Fellow and Professor for the Royal College of Emergency Medicine. His research interests are around diagnostics in chest pain, for which he completed the multicentre LoDED trial, and pragmatic trials in hard to recruit populations. His Advanced Fellowship trial is evaluating topical lidocaine patches in older patients with chest trauma. He supervises both a Royal College of Emergency PhD Student and Trainee Emergency Medicine Research NETWORK (TERN) Fellow who are hosted through the University of West of England.
Nikki Blythe, BTC Trial Manager, University of Bristol
Nikki joined the Bristol Trials Centre early in 2022 to take on the role of CoMiTED Trial Manager. She has previously worked in emergency research at Manchester Clinical Trials Unit.
Lead Research AHP
Kate Coates, Lead Research AHP, North Bristol NHS Trust
Kate has worked as a Trauma Research Physiotherapist at North Bristol NHS Trust since 2015. During this time, she has been involved in the set-up and delivery of research trials and service evaluations within trauma and elective orthopaedics.
Marie has worked as research administrator at Bristol University for 10 years, supporting studies including research into Mental Health, Dementia and Domestic Violence
- Jonathan Benger, Professor of Emergency Care, University of West of England
- Antoinette Edwards, Executive Director, The University of Manchester
- Athene Lane, Professor of Trials Research, University of Bristol
- Chris Metcalfe, Professor of Medical Statistics, University of Bristol
- Jonathan Banks, Qualitative Research Lead, University of Bristol
- Doug West, Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust
- Fiona Lecky, Clinical Professor of Emergency Care and Research Director of the Trauma and Audit Research Network, The University of Sheffield
- Julian Thompson, Consultant in Intensive Care and Research Lead for Severn Major Trauma Network, North Bristol NHS Trust
- Nick Maskell, Professor of Respiratory Medicine, University of Bristol
- Rebecca Kandiyali, Associate Professor in Health Economics, University of Warwick
- Steven Walker, Clinical Lecturer, University of Bristol
- Gareth Williams, Retired Directory of Crossroads for Carers Charity, PPI Representative based in Wales
- Chris Stickland, PPI Representative
- Courtney Young, Community Outreach Manager and Senior Coach, Empire Fighting Chance